by Julie DeLong, Oil Capitol Relocation
Congrats, you are the smart one who lined up your moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City
in plenty of time, walked through your home with a moving company
sales rep to figure out the number of trucks and workers you will need, and appropriately packed and labeled your boxes.
Next, have you read the terms and conditions on the agreement? In case you didn't read the whole thing, and most people do not get beyond the dates and numbers before their eyeballs glaze over, locate it, have a seat, and read it now. Pour an additional mug of coffee if you wish to, however when you reach the portion concerning what the professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City cannot put on the moving van, likelihood is pretty decent that contract will have your complete interest.
What You Cannot Transport
Which of these is NOT allowed on a moving van? Are some of these illegal for the crew to load and move, or is it simply company policy? The answer is a quite uncomplicated, it all depends.
· Yucca Plant
The only thing mentioned above that may go on the truck is the lawn mower--if the gas and oil tanks are already emptied. Indoor plants normally are unable to cross state lines--this is a legal issue--and moving companies in Tulsa and Oklahoma City don't want any pests living in leaves or the soil jumping ship on the moving truck itself.
Fireworks are not allowed.
Moving companies aren't going to be accountable for valuable items on the moving van. Your homeowner’s insurance may take care of any material mishaps, but most likely is not going to replace lost cash. Take it to the bank and retrieve it as soon as you are settled or take it together with you.
What's Unlawful to Transfer
So, the list of the items you can't pack and load is not such a bore, after all. These are several other things that movers are not going to load, and the main reasons why not.
· Any item that is flammable, corrosive, explosive or combustible and can in theory place the lives of the crew and the equipment on the line, is prohibited. So, a garden tractor having an empty gas/oil tank is ok, however an aerosol can of disinfectant is not.
· House plants--a number of states have policies about what houseplants can cross over the state line. Mites as well as pests that aren't an issue in certain states are huge hazards in others, therefore leave your indoor plants for the next door neighbor or give them to your pals. If you're bringing the planting pots, clean them with bleach prior to when you load them.
· Alcohol--guidelines vary among states. Be safe and have a clear the bar occasion before you move.
What Most Company Guidelines Restrict
Just about every professional mover in Tulsa and Oklahoma City has its own list of disallowed things, nevertheless these tend to be the typical stuff you can expect to leave behind or carry yourself.
Chemicals are based on their ability to have interaction with other matter and change the structure and substance of the matter. In layman's terms, this implies that should you place anti-freeze and wood stains on the moving van jointly and they accidentally connect under stress or heat, seriously bad things can occur. And in case you're thinking that a few bottles of nail polish and remover and a chemistry set won't pack enough of a wallop to matter, you would be incorrect. Consequently Never pack the examples below.
· Household Cleaning products
· Paint and Paint Remover--this includes nail polish
· Pool chemicals
· Pesticides, Weed Killers, and Fertilizers
· Aerosol Containers
· Perishable Foodstuff
Don’t forget that grocery delivery is an excellent thing--order online and have your cleaning supplies, paper products, and foodstuffs sent soon once you have reached your new house.
If you have any questions about some items, check with your moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City ahead of moving day, especially if you want to make other plans for transport or donations.
Click HERE for Oil Capitol Relocation’s list of Non-Transportable Items.
Request a free quote