By Julie DeLong, Oil Capitol Relocation
Moving is often challenging. Often in the hurry to get the professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City
scheduled, the boxes packed and determine what you are keeping and what you will get rid of, you overlook a number of important tasks. In order to keep you on path, here is a checklist of items to remember to do in order to make your move to Tulsa and Oklahoma City simple and uneventful.
1. Update Your Address. Officially file with the post office your change of address. The USPS will forward your mail for as much as a year after your move. You can let the post office know about your move up to 30 days in advance. This should assure that all your last invoices, bank documents as well as other relevant mail is sent to your new home at the same time as when you and the professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City get there together with your items. If you have children attending school, let their school know your new street address as well in case you need their records mailed to you. After you reach your new house, commence to alert each organization individually. Furthermore, remember to let friends and family know that you have moved.
2. Stop Utilities and Home Services. Phone your utility companies ahead of time and tell them the final billing/service time. This includes your phone, cable, electricity, water, yard care, cleaning providers, bug control, security system company as well as other infrequent providers such as a dog sitter or perhaps the Sunday paper delivery. Make sure and match the cutoff date together with your moving company. You don't want to get the electric, natural gas or water turned off before moving day. When you participate in an HOA, make them cognizant of your last day of residency to protect yourself from any additional costs.
3. Update Your Insurance Policy and Registration Details. For those who have an insurance representative, give them a call to inform them of your move. This includes automobile, residence, life and health insurance. A move to a new region or a new state could influence the prices you are spending therefore be sure you accomplish that as quickly as possible. In addition, while updating your car insurance policy, be sure you update your vehicle's registration.
4. Inform Your Workplace. Should you be moving in the area, and not changing employers, be sure to alert your employer. They are going to need to update their company files and, sometimes, in case you are moving across state lines, will need to modify payroll.
5. Clean Your Old House. After the professional movers have left and just before you turn over the keys to your old house, be sure to clean, or set up a cleaning of, your old property. This should ensure that you receive back your security deposit if you're renting. If you will be selling your property, and your residence is still on the market, this is a must to help catch the attention of prospective buyers.
6. Change/Delete Passwords for House Environment Systems. Many properties these days contain smart technology set up such as locks on front doors, heating and cooling, lighting, and security systems. In some instances, you might have security password secured applications which you use to manage and monitor these systems. If so, make sure you provide the important information to the future household owner but then make sure to logout or erase any information associated with these systems.
7. Update Your Online Profiles. When you regularly purchase things online, remember to modify your shipping and delivery home address. This is also a great opportunity to update your information with your banking institution, medical professionals and any other vendors you regularly interact with online.
8. Do a Walkthrough of Your New Residence. When you first reach your new residence, do a quick walk through to help become acquainted with several of the important features of the house. You need to be prepared to easily identify the smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, the electric panel and sump pump--if there's one. Check to be certain they all are in excellent condition.
The main element to keeping your cool when moving would be to employ a plan. Making use of checklists can help you keep organized and make sure that your move can be simple as conceivable. Speak to your local professional mover in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, Oil Capitol Relocation for additional tips on how to have a stress-free move.
Request a free quote