Relocating Employees During Difficult Times
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
The initial step when relocating employees, especially throughout a health emergency such at COVID-19, is to plan effectively. When making a plan, the subsequent steps are crucial:
· Develop a directory of all staff both within and outside the country. Provide all staff contacts and locations on this list, along with where the individual needs to transfer to.
· Identify a dedicated communication channel which serves the whole company to make sure that all relocating personnel obtain pertinent news and offer responses.
· Set up an emergency committee to liaise along with the top management and obtain solutions for relocations. This panel should do a deep dive on each transfer to review all alternatives carefully while keeping all government directives in consideration.
· Partner with various travel agencies and a moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City for travel notifications.
· Keep all government regulations regarding social distancing, necessary services, as well as travel prohibitions in consideration as you prepare.
· Create rules which support remote working to establish social distancing, if necessary. Directives that raise your staff's likelihood of getting coronavirus must be eradicated.
· Create clear policies which assist employees. Think about developing a fund for hardship premiums for personnel in places that necessities are tough to access as a result of limited resources or the rise in cost.
· Realize that some relocations will need to be postponed until personnel have safe spots to work.
· If relocation is required, minimize it to key workers. This plan must also confirm safety measures to be regarded ahead of, in the course of, and soon after the trip to make certain that all workers stay safe.
· Go over moving choices with your professional moving company partner. The moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City must have a plan set up to keep both their workforce as well as your staff safe over the relocation process.
· Evaluate your relocation policy along with your professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City to make certain that your workers obtain the best value from your relocation budget.
Ready to Move?
At A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, we know that relocation of employees is usually challenging anytime, but could be a lot more strenuous during the worldwide pandemic. We're taking needed safeguards to make sure you and your employees stay safe. Contact us today for more resources on all your relocation specifications.
Request a free quote