By Julie DeLong, Oil Capitol Relocation
usually offer a variety of associated services which are meant to help customers with a successful move. Several can offer local storage, a few are able to help you move specific things, and the majority offer a professional packing service to pack-up homes for their moving clients. As a professional moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City
, Oil Capitol Relocation offers many services, and have assisted countless people enjoy a stress-free, complete move thanks to these extra services.
We field many questions in regards to professional packing and exactly what it comprises. You might be thinking "Do I really need assistance with packing?" and if so, how much do you require, and how can you confirm it? We are here to answer all your fundamental questions about a professional packing service for your next move to Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your home takes a great deal of effort. The majority of people require at least two months of nights and weekends to get everything boxed, labeled, and all ready for the moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City. But, not every person can handle their own packing - or complete all their packing by moving day. In the event packing boxes isn’t something you can do, or in the event your schedule has no availability for packing, it is a good idea to reserve your packing service early.
People Who Often Need a Packing Service
If you think you could require a packing service, don't worry, you are not the only one. Lots of varied types of people (and moves) want professional packing to make sure everything comes together on time, and our teams are honored to provide that speedy bonus for your benefit. Following are several very typical examples of people who often need all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Are on a Tight Time Schedule
- Parents of Small Children
- Professionals Who Aren’t Able to Take Time Off of Work
- Elderly and Disabled Clients
- People Who Don't Know How to Pack Delicate Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a house normally takes between 3 and 12 hours, depending on the size of your residence and how many items you own. As a general rule, you can estimate that it should require around two hours per room in your residence or more for extra-large and extra-cluttered rooms. Remember the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The ideal way to get a fair estimate on packing your home is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your house should help the moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City to accurately calculate how many hours and people it will take to pack your house within one or two days.
Whole vs Partial Packing Services
A whole packing service is when professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City pack up your entire home even your kitchen, closets, toiletries, office – all your belongings. However, you might also inquire about a partial packing service. A number of people ask the moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City only to handle bulky furniture disassembly and wrapping to ensure it is done right. Some customers ask their movers just to pack kitchen items and delicate items, because movers know how it should be done and can bring all the proper materials.
Partial packing services will make it possible to secure the best, most efficient method to get your residence packed and moved by dividing your own time and effort and the speedy expertise of your moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
If you hire a professional packing service, what might you expect? Professional packing typically takes about one and two days of work, often scheduled back-to-back if the pack runs into a second day. Packers may commence to gently box all your items based on their location.
- Packing a Room at a Time
- Professional packing typically tackles one room at a time, and each and every carton is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will proceed shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, books, electronics) so that rooms are not too difficult to put back together when you are unpacking.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you need to be available to give oversight and answer questions. Packers could ask you about broken belongings, categories, or which labels to use. They could have detailed questions regarding how you require them to pack certain items or rooms.
- If you are not personally available, keep your phone handy to answer questions remotely, and you may need a proxy there in person.
- Expert Packing and Precise Labeling
- One of the best benefits of professional packing is that every carton should be a perfect fit. Years of knowledge and all the right materials mean that your crew gets how to pack a box so that it will stack properly in the moving truck and unpack in order on arrival. They will additionally usually label your cartons so you will be able to locate certain things and assemble rooms when you arrive.
- Putting Boxes in an Out-of-the-Way Location
- The last step is stacking your boxes for the arrival of the moving truck. You could ask the professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City to leave cartons in the areas for which they were packed, or to stack all the boxes in the garage for fast, efficient truck loading when the time comes.
How Do You Get Ready for a Packing?
How do you get ready if professional packers are coming over? You might make the day less stressful and the packing more organized with just a little prep.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Be sure you have washed all the dishes and put away or hanging laundry if you are asking your professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City to pack up the kitchen and bedrooms.
- Return Items to Their Proper Rooms
- When the residence is packed and also unpacked, it's completed by room. While you do not have to wholly clean up, taking items back to their rightful space is a good means to make sure they end up in the correct box.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Empty your pantry one way or the other. Challenge your family to think of pantry-emptying meal ideas and donate whatever is left. Apart from a few spices and dry goods, there isn’t any need to pack and move food items.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Finally, create a list of any items you might be worried about to chat about with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with Oil Capitol Relocation
When you have a big move coming up, you could not have the time or ability to do all the packing alone - and that's fine. Full-service professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City like Oil Capitol Relocation offers professional packing services. Get in touch with us now to discuss the packing services your move might need.
Request a free quote