Moving to Tulsa and Oklahoma City in the Off Season
By Julie DeLong, Oil Capitol Relocation
The off season for moving, October through May, can provide people with a few benefits and bargains that aren't obtainable throughout the busy season. Not every person gets to select what period they'll be moving, but it helps to learn the advantages and disadvantages to off season moving regardless, so that you can be informed and ready for what might lie ahead.
Pros of Off Season Moving
Should you get to decide what time of year you should move, there are plenty of reasons to decide on the off season. The principal benefit of working with a moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City through these months is simply because they often have more wiggle room in their schedule to offer you expanded flexibility. Other good things about selecting the off season involve:
· Potential for quicker deliveries because of reduced traffic
· The opportunity to ask for a particular moving agent or moving team
· Potential deals and versatile pricing options
· Lowered expense of storage facilities
· Extra care from movers and moving companies in Tulsa and Oklahoma City
· The most affordable real estate housing sector costs of the year
· Greater versatility in scheduling and room for last-minute adjustments
All around, moving in the off season can help you save a significant amount of money. Furthermore, moving throughout your child's winter break can minimize avoidable academic interferences. Winter break may supply fewer days to put together a move but doing so over the off season may ensure that your kids will not miss classes or extracurricular activities during the school year.
Negatives of Off Season Moving
Despite the fact that October through May will often supply lower prices, additional flexibility, and also better attentiveness from moving company the moving staff, moving in the off season could also create unique obstacles. Weather conditions could cause moving headaches that might not exactly warrant the savings. Further factors include:
· More mud, dirt, and debris to track in the house while moving
· Hazardous road conditions and greater requirement for safety measures
· Moving plans might overlap with the holidays
· More work to ensure utilities at new house are ready to go
· The interruption of kids' school years and challenges with adapting to new environments
· Difficulties selling existing property at higher value
When relocating to or from a location that experiences snow regularly, don't forget to take preventative actions for your personal vehicles too. Installing snow tires or snow chains might prevent your vehicle from losing grip on icy roadways, and filling up de-icing agents for your windshield will assist you to maintain visibility. Carry a window scraper and make sure that you have a roadside emergency kit in case unexpected conditions come up.
The Bottom Line
For anyone who is ready to deal with a few of the setbacks that off season moving could bring, it can be an excellent choice for those people who are trying to lower your expenses, have added flexibility, and for more attention from movers and moving companies in Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
How Oil Capitol Relocation Can Help
At Oil Capitol Relocation in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, we are proud of our capacity to provide outstanding service at an affordable price over the full year. Whether it is residential or commercial moving, next door or across the country, we will assist you to move as resourcefully as possible. If you're ready to schedule your free in-home estimate, please contact us today.
Request a free quote