By Julie DeLong, Oil Capitol Relocation
Moving is usually one of the more stressful things you could do. It consumes your relaxation time, and while it most of the time works out in the end, it can result in the need to find a punching bag or take up yoga.
As a professional moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, we have witnessed all kinds of moves, both smooth and also chaotic, and we would like to provide some suggestions that can help you circumvent some of the stress of moving.
· Don’t ignore that the stress exists. Denying that you are stressed might make you even more stressed. Stress can be normal as well as natural, and working through it is going to require understanding it is there.
· Attempt to allow yourself sufficient time to get everything done. It will take most people two days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four day for packing two bedrooms, or five to six days for three bedrooms. When you own a large quantity of stuff, then it will likely take even longer. When you require moving boxes, be sure to purchase them early and also formulate a plan for if you don’t have enough. Check with your local moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, as they might have used boxes available. You should also allow a day or two to clean the house you are leaving.
· Formulate a plan. Figure out how you need to organize everything for the best result. There are people who need a bunch of to-do lists, other people will try to locate a moving app for their cell. Create deadlines for every phase of the move and make them early enough that missing the deadline will not be a a total meltdown. Additionally, give some thought to what should be packed into each box. Label your boxes clearly and consistently, in order to explain those labels to the professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Label all things that are breakable. Plan which area everything is going into in the new residence and label cartons accordingly. Most professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City will happily place everything marked "K" in the kitchen for you.
· Don't be afraid to ask for help or hire a moving company to assist. You do not have to get everything done by yourself. Recruit your friends as well as extended family members for help. Find professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City for the heavy lifting, though, rather than counting on anyone's goodwill. If you happen to be super busy and can afford it, consider having the moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City to handle some or all the packing, too.
· Be open to get rid of things. Moving is an excuse to get rid of things which might be sitting in your residence a long time out of sheer laziness. In the event you have a broken down piece of furniture, now might be the best time to kick it to the curb and purchase a replacement once you move. Old TVs that do not work? Books you have not opened in several years? Something you completely forgot you even had? Sell the things you can and donate the others.
· Make certain to allow for downtime. Moving will take over your entire life. Lots of folks realize they do not have time to get a decent amount of sleep throughout the move. Or they do not do anything accept work, move, and then worry about the move. Provide some leeway in your schedule so you have time to go out for a meal, take the kids to a movie, etc.
· When you are moving to a new neighborhood or even a new city, take time to look around the new town for a bit. Spend some time searching for restaurants you just must try and attractions you want to visit. Make a list of the diners and select one that is at the top of the list, then plan to go there the day after you move when you do not have your dishes unpacked yet.
Moving can be stressful, but these tips may help reduce the stress and even turn it into an adventure. Remember that professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City will help with as much or as little of the move as required, and your local mover in Tulsa and Oklahoma City will be a super resource for all things from tips and tricks to moving supplies. Also, Don’t forget that this is a temporary circumstance and everything will return to normal very soon.
Request a free quote