Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, Oil Capitol Relocation
- PHYSICALLY GET READY: No, you won’t need to do push-ups or run laps around the block. This suggestion encourages you to employ professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Hiring a moving company means that you will have added assistance from professionals, who are experts in packing, moving things, as well as time management. Professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City can carefully pack your house, disassemble household furniture, and securely wrap your super breakable items. Having local professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City on hand on your moving day is an excellent way to circumvent injuries. They should lift all the bulky things, leaving the smaller possessions and simple clean-up to you.
- GET THE CORRECT EQUIPMENT: Using proper moving equipment is usually one of the best practices to avoid injuries on moving day. When speaking with the moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, make sure that they will be bringing equipment which will make the move simpler, like an appliance dolly. Not only should this assist the moving crew, but the equipment should also save you time, as stuff can be moved at a quicker pace.
- DON'T OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each and every ounce of your cartons may seem like a great thing, however making them too heavy makes them harder to lift, and puts a strain on the legs, arms, and also back. An injury will be difficult to avoid if you pick up more weight than you can handle. Additionally it makes the job more difficult for everybody who is assisting you to complete the move. Pack cartons correctly, being sure the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City can work quickly and also efficiently on moving day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a general lifting practice and is one of the best ways to circumvent injury to your neck and also spine. Sustain a wide base of support, placing your feet shoulder-width apart and also flat on the ground. Next, bend down into a squat so you are primarily making use of your legs as you move upward. Finally, keep your back straight, and remember to breathe when you lift the item.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AND WALKWAYS CLEAR: We know that this may sound like something basic, quite a few people are injured when tripping over smaller things on moving day. Avoid a stubbed toe or perhaps chipped tooth resulting from an avoidable fall by making all paths free from items. When moving bulky objects, it can be difficult to view what is in your path. Steer clear of any accidents by thinking about what is the easiest way to walk when moving your belongings. When putting safety first, you minimize your chances that you’ll get injured.
Employing a local or long-distance moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City with professional movers is a safe bet to save time as well as circumvent injuries while moving. Call us now for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote