Easy Steps for Downsizing Your House in Tulsa and Oklahoma City
Don’t let the “D” word frighten you! Yes, we are talking about Downsizing. When you are rationalizing moving in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, thoughts oftentimes come up about how much of your stuff you really need. Inevitably, you will commence pondering on some stuff you should get rid of. You may ask oneself how to go about it. You might contemplate who will want the items you want to discard. You might question if you will regret getting rid of some of your things.
How to decide what to discard:
There are gobs of considerations that you can go through when determining what to discard. You should try to remember when you last needed the item. If it has not been out of the closed in a long time, it is probably not something that you should move to your new house. Think about if the item is still useful to you. If it is an article of clothing like a jacket, try it on. If it doesn’t, place it into the discard pile.
One vital item to bypass is procrastinating about making decisions. Frequently, this will lead to you hanging on to more things than you would have. Go with your first thought and decide quickly if you need to keep the item. When there are memories attached to items it can be hard to give them away, but the memories will carry on even after the item has found a new home.
How to deal with your discard pile in Tulsa and Oklahoma City:
- Garage Sale: This will take some effort but will also bring in a little money. The steps to throwing a profitable garage sale is easy as pie. Beforehand, check for any city ordinances in Tulsa and Oklahoma City and homeowner association rules to make sure that you follow them. Then, price your items a fair price, especially if you would just give them away for nothing otherwise. Next, announce your sale. You need to have signs placed on key roads that will lead patrons to their destination. It may be beneficial to place advertisements online to guide more buyers to your sale. Finally, sit back and enjoy making a little money while conversing with your neighbors. Click the Garage Sale Sign below for a more specific step-by-step guide to planning your garage sale in Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
- Donate Items: When you just want to get rid of your stuff, donating your items to a charity in Tulsa and Oklahoma City is a super way to do that. You will assist a worthwhile cause. You will also help the next person who gets to use your item. It is a great, simple way to get rid of your stuff and keep it out of a landfill. Some charities will even come and pick your donation up from your residence.
- Think about family and friends: If you know anyone in your family who is just spreading their wings, asking if they need any items would be a grand thing to do Otherwise, just spread the word that you are downsizing and you might be surprised about what people request. It will give you joy to give someone something that they need.
- Consider a storage solution in Tulsa and Oklahoma City: There will be some things that you will not want to get rid of. If there is no room for them in your next location, consider renting a storage locker. This will allow you extra room for those items that you need for everyday living. If a storage unit is not in the budget, think about if any family or friends would be able to stow items in their basement, garage or barn for you.
- Re-organize: Some things in your house could be stored more adequately. For example, if you have many DVDs, you could take them out of their cases and place them into a DVD folder. This will keep the amount of space you are utilizing, while allowing you to keep more.
Downsizing your home to get ready for a move will take effort. Think of all the time that it took to accumulate everything you own. Nevertheless, once you have downsized successfully you will be overjoyed that you did it. You will be able to target your organization efforts on the things you truly cherish and have a need for.