By Julie DeLong, Oil Capitol Relocation
Will you be about to move soon? If so, you could be stressed, thinking of all the things you will need to pack. But not all that you want to move to your new house can or should be moved by your professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City
. In other words, there are some items that you should move on your own. The following are four of the key kinds of items your moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City
cannot move, along with some considerations and warnings and how we will assist you.
1. DANGEROUS ITEMS
For safety reasons, movers maintain a list of dangerous things that they are unable to move. Chemicals reacting with other materials, for instance putting paint thinner and weed killer together on a moving truck can lead to a disastrous outcome.
Some of the dangerous things that can't be moved include those, such as lighter fluid, fuel, propane cylinders, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, household cleaning solutions, pesticides or herbicides, fertilizers, weed killers, aerosol cans, pool chemicals and even nail polish remover. You'll want to consult with your moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City for a complete list.
Another item you ought not put in a moving vehicle is plants. Actually, there are some states with policies, concerning certain houseplants that can or cannot cross a state line. Whilst unwanted pests and also mites are not a challenge in a number of regions, they may be considered to be extremely unsafe in other states.
Additionally, most moving companies do not wish to transport plants because pests which live in the dirt can simply spill into the moving truck. Even if the moving company consents to move your plants, they might not survive, particularly when you're moving a long distance given that plants need sun and water. In case you do not have space in your automobile for the plants, why not give them away to your friends and neighbors.
3. VITAL DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company claims they will carry your special valuables on their moving van, it's still smart to keep your essential documents and photographs along with you. This is because these are generally items that can't be readily replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City generally pack most canned food for you, but you need to still consider if this is a good idea. Needless to say, perishable food items cannot be carried on a moving van. It is usually recommended that you donate your perishables as well as food items in glass jars instead of hauling them with you.
You need to make room in your vehicle for more significant belongings, and you shouldn't have to worry about mishaps from spills, cracks or mold ahead of getting to your new house. However boxed and/or canned foods, like spices and dried fruits may be moved. For any queries about which foods that can or can't be moved, ask your moving agent.
· Make plans to carry your pets together with you and go over any unique requirements your furry friend might have with your vet.
· As for alcohol, take into consideration that state laws concerning alcohol may differ, therefore it is advisable to not move your alcohol.
· Why not take advantage of grocery store delivery soon after reaching your new house. You can order online for food items, paper products, cleaning supplies along with other basics.
· You could fit your lawn mower on the moving truck, provided you've drained the fuel and oil tanks.
· Consider that it's likewise dangerous for you to move hazardous things in your car. It's best to simply repurchase them once you reach your new residence. Put simply, don't take the risk of transporting them.
To make moving as seamless as it can be, get in touch to schedule an appointment and discover more about the wide range of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote