Moving? This Is How You Make Your Move Smoother
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
On moving day, the last thing you want is for everything to not go well. Following are several suggestions on what you might do beforehand to help make sure your move proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Seven Items to Do on Moving Day to Help It Go Smoother
- Be sure someone is there: Either you or perhaps a trusted and responsible adult will need to be present for the duration of the move to sign moving company paperwork and supervise the move. This can help avoid any confusion or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City. The movers will also welcome having someone available to answer any questions and offer directions.
- Clear the walkway: Be sure there is an unobstructed path going to the front door so the moving crew might straightforwardly move cartons and furniture in and out. And, get rid of all tripping hazards both inside and outside the house. This can help avert any falls or issues.
- Review the house: As soon as the professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City arrive, walk through the residence with them and note all items of special importance or things that will not be going on the moving truck. If you have any special items you are going to take with in your car on the move, be certain they are packed up and out of the way. This could include belongings such as jewelry, important papers, and family treasures. This will ensure that these belongings are safe and that nothing is left. Once the professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City are done loading the moving truck, complete a final walkthrough of your residence to be sure all items have been accounted for.
- Formulate a plan: Having a general plan for where you want to place things in your new house will make the moving process much smoother. Make sure to label every carton with its contents and the room it need to be put in so the movers can easily set everything in their right place. For moving day, you will want to have a number of things set aside, like snacks, bottles of water, toiletries, as well as a change of clothes. Think about gathering up a moving day survival box. Put these items up in a bag or box so that you can quickly find them whenever you need them. Also, be certain you understand what needs to be completed and when. Creating a timeline can help keep things moving without issue.
- Think of a plan for kids and pets: In the event you have youngsters and/or domestic animals, it's crucial to make a plan for them on moving day. Ask someone to babysit them, so they are not in the way of the professional movers in Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
- Check in with your neighbors: In the event you have close neighbors, it's polite to let them know that there will be a large truck parked on the street and also that there may be an amount of noise and activity throughout the day. This can help avoid any possible conflict or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on your town or homeowners' association, you could require a permit to park the truck on the street. Check with your local authorities to find out if this is the case.
Need Help Getting Started?
Moving day is a busy and sometimes stressful time. However by adhering to these tips, you can make the entire process smoother – both for you and your movers. Oil Capitol Relocation in Tulsa and Oklahoma City is here to help you every step of the way. We're America's leading moving company in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, with almost five decades of experience relocating people smoothly and efficiently. Let us take some of the stress out of moving day for you – call us today!
Request a free quote